Low Fat Honey Cheesecake is low in calories but is deliciously decadent and sweet. The perfect cheesecake for any occasion. You will need around five hours to make this cheesecake which includes the time required to allow it to completely cool.
Don't forget to check out the Cheesecake Hints and Tips pages for helpful hints when making cheesecakes.
200g Marie or Milk Arrowroot Biscuits
90g light margarine, melted
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
250g light cream cheese, softened
1 cup 98% fat-free plain yoghurt
425g fresh reduced-fat ricotta
2 1/2 tablespoons plain flour
1/4 cup honey
750g fresh strawberries, hulled
Extra honey to serve
1. Preheat oven to 150c/130c fan forced. Grease a 3cm deep, 20cm x 30cm (base) lamington pan. Line base and sides with baking paper, extending the paper 2cm above edges of pan.
2. Process Marie/Arrowroot biscuits until they resemble fine crumbs. Add melted margarine and ginger. Process until combined. Press biscuit mixture over base of prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate.
3. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, yoghurt, ricotta and flour until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until combined. Add honey. Beat until smooth and combined. Pour mixture over prepared biscuit base.
4. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the top is just firm to touch. Turn off the oven. Cool cheesecake in the oven with the door ajar for 30 minutes. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until cold.
5. Arrange strawberries on top of cheesecake. Drizzle with extra honey and serve.
Gather and measure out all your ingredients before you start. Put the ingredients in order of when they will be used. That way, the actual making process will be smooth and easy without having to hunt around in the fridge or cupboard for that elusive ingredient that you discover you do not have!!